Wednesday, January 1, 2014

And We're Demoing!

Demolition has begun. Oh, before, I start that, Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! I've been quiet here for a while because life. Just. Got. Really. Busy. Like, crazy busy. But, we were happy to host many of our family members and friends over this Christmas season. We reminded our family members who live in California that this would be the last time they would be in this house. And, as I packed up all of our Christmas items today, and took down our Christmas tree, I began to grow very sad. Because, this is OUR house, the place we call home. We have lived here for 6 years and brought Teddy and Charlie home from the hospital to this house. Memories, memories, memories. But, I can't get into that too much right now. Not yet. I'm not ready to "go there". I will. Just not yet. Chad has been working on tearing out the "pink" bathroom. He has done an amazing job. This, after he and his dad, and a lot of other helpers, put in an entirely new septic system. Here are some great photos that Chad took. My favorite? The ones taken from on top of one of the grain bins. God's presence is there in that photo, without a doubt. I love the way the roof line has come together. It looks, from that perspective, like the addition is not really an addition. Like it was there all along. We are going to attempt to use some of that lovely blue or pink tile left from that bathroom in our new half bath. And, we are going to reuse the pink sink! More to come soon, Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment