Monday, August 4, 2014

Beware: Lots of pics!

This is our last month or so, in a nutshell, as seen in the pictures. We celebrated our first Independence Day here on the farm, complete with a few small fireworks and sparklers in our driveway. We had my sister down from Chicago for a weekend, where by she became the first person to fall into our pond. Fell. Right. In. I was expecting a child to be the first on in, but...oh no. My poor sis was the first. She handled it well. I think we all just laughed about it. During her visit, we all played in one of the grain bins. It was full of soy beans, and we even tasted a few. Not too bad! We had an awesome vacation in South Haven, Michigan. The lake water was perfect the first few days, and we got some good beach time in before it turned colder and choppy. We picked the best blueberries we've ever tasted. Before leaving, my husband got out his jack hammer to destroy our back steps. Just kidding- he doesn't his own a jack hammer- he rented one. But, the purpose of doing this is because it is unsafe and needs to be replaced. Oh, and there are drainage lines that are running underneath it that we needed to get to because those needed to be repaired as well. Let's just say that there's still a large trench in our driveway. It's a work in progress. When we returned from our vacation, it was time for the boys to start school. They started on 7/30. It's a year round school, so they get longer breaks during the year. With so many changes for us this year, I'm so proud of my boys for handling it so well. I, on the other hand, have had a hard time. I know it's what we need to do, and I'm happy with the school. I just miss them. Because I home schooled Christian for Kindergarten and 1st grade, he's been with me at home for a long time. So, this transition has been hard for both of us. I still get sad thinking about it. Am I the only Mom who feels this way? It was hard for him to get on the bus the first day. Teddy basically sprinted on and didn't look back. But, for Christian, it took a little more courage from both of us. I was so proud of him. So, this is where we are now. Two kids at school. How did that happen? Where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment