Friday, October 18, 2013

Holy Crap it's Happening!

Chad is at the end of his second week as a full-time farmer. I'm not sure where the time has gone. Our time together lately is so limited, and I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. This new way of life is taking some getting used to, and I know that there will be further adjustment once we get moved. Baby steps, I guess. I'm thankful that it's not happening all at once- the move and change in careers. I know that people go through that all of the time, and I'm so glad that there is time between the two transitions. Our conversations are very different now. ME: "How were things today?" HIM: "Good. Got the auger fixed." ME: "That's good!" (Me: thinking to myself, "What the heck is an auger?") I know. I live in Indiana. I should know what an auger is. I don't. Well, NOW I do. Last night, around 9:30, he and I were chatting about my therapy session (yes, I go to therapy), and in mid sentence, I look over, and my man's eyes are closed. He is still nodding his head in agreement with me, but his eyes are closed. Man, he was tired. This farming stuff is exhausting. But, again, not complaining. Knowing that he has given his day to completely glorify the Lord- he should be exhausted. Tuesday of this week we had an inspection on the home we are renovating. This was something we didn't have to do, but decided to do because of peace of mind. I am happy to report that there were no major problems (mold, termites, etc.) There are many little things that need to be fixed, but it's all stuff we can handle. So, we are happy with the report. Today, Chad met with our builder. We have to choose between two floor plans for the addition. After that decision is made, our builder will seek approval from the county, and things will get rolling. Our builder will be done 2.5 months after ground is broken. 2.5 months and his part will be done. In the mean time, we will also be doing some work on the house. Chad is going to do the demo of the kitchen. We will also be doing all of the interior painting and all of the hard flooring ourselves. We will hire someone to install carpet. Even after move-in, the projects will continue. Did I mention that the big parts of the renovation will be done 2.5 months after county approval? 2.5 months. HOLY CRAP IT'S HAPPENING!!! Oh, and we have repairs to make in our current home before putting it on the market. And there's the matter of packing. And Thanksgiving is coming up. Then Christmas. HOLY CRAP IT'S HAPPENING! We have had some people offer to help out with painting and other tasks and we are so appreciative of that! If you would like to help with anything- childcare, packing, help with the remodel...ANYTHING, please email or call me. I'm going to create a "helper" list. This is an easier way to keep track of those offers instead of me saying to Chad later on, "Who was it that offered to help paint again?" I'll bet most who are reading this did not know that Chad and I lived together in our "new" home once before. I moved to Indiana December of 2002. I had just graduated college in Michigan, and I had my teaching license- in Michigan. I did not have a job down here, and my heart (Chad) brought me to Indiana. Chad was living in his grandfather's house at the time, and so I stayed there with him for 4 months, until I had some money saved up. It was very important to us that we had our own places. I moved to Carmel, as I was teaching preschool in Zionsville. And, Chad lived in his grandfather's house until we got married 9/18/04. When I moved out of that house- I NEVER imagined that I would be going back. That WE would be going back. Me in the country? Say Whaaaaaatttt??? Here we are, nearly 11 years later, making plans to move back. God is kinda funny that way.

2 comments: