Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Observations

We're in our third week here on the farm, and we are still very busy. Unpacking is going slowly, but I'm learning to live with clutter- for now. My farmer is building shelves for our 3 hallway closets as we speak, so once those are in, I can get things put away in the closets. I've wrote up a list of a few observations and quirky things that have happened since my last post.
1.) Did you know that you can put 31 bags and Coach purses in the washing machine? Yup! I found this out when I unpacked a box that had been in our garage since we staged our home for the market in March. It happened to be sitting right underneath some kind of weird canister that was leaking diesel fuel. The top of the box was saturated with it, thus leaking onto some of my nice bags. Rather than walk around smelling like a truck stop, I decided to throw them in the washer. What did I have to lose? After three washings and subsequent dryings, they are much cleaner. But, if you put your nose right into them, there are still traces of the smell. Oy.
2.) The farm is dirty, man. Don't walk into my house expecting to see and smell awesome cleanliness. You will see traces of it here and there. But mainly, there is a lot of dirt and dust.
Exhibit "A", this is how my boys' boots look after they come in from outside. Even our schnauzer, Murphy has decided to just let it go.
2.) There is a toilet right outside of our side door entrance. Yup. It's an old toilet that Chad recently replaced in his bathroom, (yes, he has his own bathroom, thank goodness!). The toily is just sitting there, waiting for Chad to take away to the farm dump (and yes, we have our own dump). I'm thinking of putting a flower arrangement in it. Don't judge.
3.) We live down-wind from a pig farm. This is awesome when it's windy and HOT!
4.) Well water does not taste terrible when it's cold, only when it's warm. And if you don't have salt in your water softener, your toilet water will look like apple cider. Ahem.
5.) The Dollar General sells cigarettes. In case you were needing some. But you can't smoke them here. The end.
6.) The stars in the night sky brilliant out here. We need a telescope. In case you wanted to buy us a housewarming gift.
7.) We have stars below, too. Last night the field right next to our driveway was full of firefly's. Absolutely brilliant. I was enjoying them so much, until my husband said, "You know what they're doing, right?" Yeah. Thanks for killing the moment, country boy.
8.) Holy cats! Chad and I woke up at exactly the same time last night: 12:50a.m. We woke to the sound of cats right outside our bedroom window. What first started as some low growling and hissing turned into a full-on cat fight in the bushes. It went something like this: "Meow." "Meow." "Meeeeeooowwww." "Meeeooowwww." "MEOW, MEOW MEOW!"MEOW, MEOW MEOW MEOW!" They were so loud. Can't they do that during the day?
Here are a few final observations:
Little Man's 3rd birthday celebration. After eating some of his cake, he wanted to give me a kiss. He kisses like a shark!
Chad and Middle Man, my farmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment